WHO WE ARE
SmartRelationships.org is maintained by the non-profit corporation, the Foundation for a Great Marriage, Inc. Headquartered in the cheesehead capitol of Green Bay, WI, our staff is composed of certified relationship educators, coaches, therapists, and writers.
WHAT WE DO
- PUBLISH research-based information about healthy relationships
- TEACH people to approach healthy relationships as a daily practice, similar to exercise
- COACH individuals and couples to develop the skills that produce satisfying and vibrant relationships
- SPEAK to groups about the personal, social and professional benefits of healthy relationships
- COLLABORATE with like-minded organizations who share our passion for a better world through healthier relationships
- Help people become emotionally and relationally intelligent
- Help people form satisfying and vibrant relationships
- Help people identify destructive relationships
- Uphold marriage as the ultimate expression of couple commitment and the gold standard for children
- Work toward a peaceful and prosperous world built on healthy interpersonal relationships
In May of 2005 we started operations as ThinkMarriage.org. Since then, more than 7,000 teens, individuals, and couples have participated in our healthy relationship programs. We changed our brand to Smart Relationships in 2011 to better reflect the universal applicability of the skills and information we offer.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Susan Dutton is the founder and president of Smart Relationships. A graduate of Canadian Academy of Kobe, Japan, and Middlebury College (VT), her career highlights include a decade with semi-conductor giant Intel Corporation, and founder/CEO of Dutton Consulting, a strategic planning firm.
Susan has been an invited speaker at national and international conferences. She serves on the Board of Directors of the National Association of Relationship and Marriage Education (NARME.org). Susan is a writer, Emotional Intelligence coach, Relationship Coach, and an Energy coach. She is also a Reiki practitioner, poet, songwriter, guitar player, and an Aikido student.