WHO SUSAN IS
I am Northeast Wisconsin’s only Certified Emotional Intelligence Coach, and a family life coach. My calling is to help you achieve your goals for success at work and home. Success in life, however you define it, is related to social and emotional intelligence much more than to IQ.
WHAT I BELIEVE
At our core, human beings are relational. We need to connect with others through compassionate communication. Improving EQ is a lifetime journey within the reach of every man, woman, and child, and our ailing world needs us to make that journey together!
WHAT I DO
- PUBLISH research-based information through my blog, newsletter, Facebook, and Twitter
- ASSESS social and emotional intelligence (EQ) with a variety of sophisticated, research-based tools
- TEACH people the daily practice of EQ through my Meetup Group
- COACH individuals, families, and work teams to grow in the key factor for success: EQ
- SPEAK to groups about the critical role of EQ in 21st century business practice
- COLLABORATE with like-minded individuals who share my passion for a better world through vibrant human relationships
Susan Dutton is the founder of Smart Relationships. A graduate of Canadian Academy of Kobe, Japan, and Middlebury College (VT), her career highlights include a decade with semi-conductor giant Intel Corporation, and founder/CEO of Dutton Consulting, a strategic planning firm.
Susan is an invited speaker at national and international conferences. She is a writer, Emotional Intelligence coach, and Family Life coach. Her personal interests include Aikido, poetry, songwriting, playing guitar, prayer and meditation, reading, puzzles, food and wine, and enjoying her own personal and family relationships as much as possible! She has three beautiful children, a fabulous daughter-in-law, and two cats. She lost her husband and the love of her life to cancer in March 2014.
susan at smartrelationships dot org