HI! I’M SUSAN
I am a Sociologist, writer, and Northeast Wisconsin’s only Certified Emotional Intelligence Coach. I am here to help you achieve your goals for success at work and home. Success in life, however you define it, is greatly enhanced by social and emotional intelligence (EQ).
WHAT I BELIEVE
At our core, human beings are relational. We have an inborn need to connect with others in compassionate communication. Improving EQ is a lifetime journey; one that is within the reach of every man, woman, and child. Our ailing world needs as many of us as possible to consciously make that journey together!
WHAT I DO
- PUBLISH research-based information through my blog, newsletter, Facebook, and Twitter
- ASSESS social and emotional intelligence (EQ) with a variety of sophisticated, research-based tools
- TEACH people the daily practice of EQ through my Meetup Group
- COACH individuals, families, and work teams to grow in the key factor for success: EQ
- SPEAK to groups about the critical role of EQ in 21st century business practice
- COLLABORATE with like-minded individuals who share my passion for a better world through vibrant human relationships
Susan Dutton is the founder of Smart Relationships. A graduate of Canadian Academy of Kobe, Japan, and Middlebury College (VT), her career highlights include a decade with semi-conductor giant Intel Corporation, and founder/CEO of Dutton Consulting, a strategic planning firm.
Susan is an invited speaker at national and international conferences. Her personal interests include Aikido, poetry, songwriting, playing guitar, prayer and meditation, reading, puzzles, food and wine, and enjoying her own personal and family relationships as much as possible! She has three beautiful children, a fabulous daughter-in-law, and two cats. She lost her husband and the love of her life to cancer in March 2014.
susan at smartrelationships dot org