WHO WE ARE
Smart Relationships is a dba name of the Foundation for a Great Marriage, Inc., a non-profit organization headquartered in the ‘cheesehead’ capitol of Green Bay, WI. Our president, Susan Dutton, is Green Bay’s only Certified Emotional Intelligence Coach. Susan and staff are also family life coaches. Our calling is to help you achieve your highest potential in both business and personal relationships. Success in life, however you define it, is related to social and emotional intelligence much more than to IQ.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At our core, human beings are relational. The cure for our ailing world is to raise our collective personal and relational maturity. This is within the reach of every man, woman, and child.
WHAT WE DO
- PUBLISH research-based information through our blog, newsletter, Facebook, and Twitter
- ASSESS social and emotional intelligence through our on-line profile
- TEACH people the daily practice of social and emotional intelligence
- COACH individuals, families, and work teams to grow in the key factor for success: social and emotional intelligence
- SPEAK to groups about social and emotional intelligence, healthy family life, and the science of powerfully positive relationships
- COLLABORATE with like-minded organizations who share our passion for a better world through vibrant human relationships
- Help people increase their social and emotional intelligence
- Help people form satisfying and vibrant relationships
- Help people identify destructive relationships
- Help people recover from failed relationships and develop new, healthier patterns
- Uphold marriage as the ultimate expression of couple commitment, and the gold standard for children and society
In May of 2005 we started operations as ThinkMarriage.org under two federal grants. Since then, more than 14,000 teens, individuals, and couples have participated in our healthy relationship programs. We changed our brand to Smart Relationships in 2011 to better reflect the universal applicability of the skills and information we offer.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Susan Dutton is the founder and president of Smart Relationships. A graduate of Canadian Academy of Kobe, Japan, and Middlebury College (VT), her career highlights include a decade with semi-conductor giant Intel Corporation, and founder/CEO of Dutton Consulting, a strategic planning firm.
Susan has been an invited speaker at national and international conferences. She is a writer, Emotional Intelligence coach, and Family Life coach. Her personal interests include Aikido, poetry, songwriting, playing guitar, prayer and meditation, reading, puzzles, food and wine, and enjoying her own personal and family relationships as much as possible! She has three beautiful children, a fabulous daughter-in-law, and two cats. She lost her husband and the love of her life to cancer in March 2014.
1496 Bellevue Street, Suite 101A, Green Bay, WI 54311. 920-430-7300